Field Calibration Engineer - Phoenix
Phoenix Materials Testing Ltd is a company of approximately 30 people specialising in materials testing technology. As the total testing solution we offer bespoke design, manufacture and installation of servo hydraulic materials testing machines as well as UKAS accredited sub-contract materials testing service.
Our core values are Pride, Excellence, Innovation and Commitment.
Role: Field Calibration Engineer
Location: Brierley Hill, West Midlands
Full Time, Permanent role (40 hours per week)
Standard hours of work are: Monday - Thursday 07:30 - 16:30, Friday 07:30 - 13:30. On-site hours will vary.
Salary £22,000 - £25,000 p.a (depending on experience)
The central purpose of the Field Calibration Engineer is to support calibration activities that are carried out competently by the Service and Calibration team, and align with the company’s business plan and strategic direction.
This involves providing support and assistance for Service and Calibration operations, including the scheduling and performance of calibration services predominantly on customer sites or at Phoenix premises to the required standard and customer specification.
Carry out service and calibration duties by planning, organising and scheduling calibration equipment to complete activities to the required customer and UKAS standard, both on customer sites and Phoenix premises.
Support, understand and interpret UKAS quality systems (17025) and processes
Contribute to the growth and success of the business by proactively seeking opportunities for potential business to support the company’s business plan.
Production of service and calibration paperwork, including UKAS and non-UKAS certificates
Knowledge and Skills
- Full clean driving licence
- Fully competent with calibration of force, displacement and extensometry to international standards
- Ability to interpret customer calibration requirements
- Experience of working to international quality standards
- Managing and auditing Quality Management Systems (internal and by external bodies)
- Knowledge and experience of UKAS
- Strong numeracy and IT skills, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook packages
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is ideal, but not essential
- Good understanding of mechanical servicing would be advantageous
Closing date for application is 12th November 2017. Please send Cv's to Stephanie.Hill@phoenix-mt.co.uk