Accounts Clerk (Adoption Cover) - Shukers
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Clerk to join our head office accounts team based in Telford
This is an Adoption cover role working Monday to Friday – 40 hours a week – Part time hours are possible for the right candidate.
As an Accounts Clerk you will be responsible for:
- Cashbook/Bank: Posting daily cash/bank entries, prepare banking & update receipts for live payments, daily reconciliation of bank/cash accounts, weekly/monthly bank runs
- Sales Ledger: Send monthly recharge invoices to specific dept managers for approval, creating weekly reports for the sales team on vehicle debtors, processing and allocating manufacturer bonus credits through the system & reconciling the balances
- Purchase Ledger: Verifying aftersales invoices to GIS, supplier statement reconciliation, assisting with supplier queries, responsible for monitoring and posting credit card and fuel card statements, post petty cash transactions & PDQ charge invoices, creating purchase order numbers from email requests
- Nominal Ledger: Complete monthly reconciliations on specific nominal codes, update asset register & create monthly depreciation posting, create and post monthly management accounts journals
- Vehicle Stock books: Update Estimates v Actuals costs on VSB records, run weekly New & Used Stock reports for sales managers, monthly stock write down adjustments, review missing costs from VSB records (closing old records)
- General: Manage Employee Car Ownership Scheme for the group, check EOD reports for system errors, update and maintain archive room and records, assist Head of Finance with adhoc projects, assist and cover other accounts staff during busy periods
What we are looking for:
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- A minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain accuracy
- Confidence to handle queries over the telephone and via email
- Capable of prioritising workload
Previous motor trade experience and use of CDK would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
In return we can offer an excellent salary, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, company benefits, fantastic working environment and free on-site parking. This hands-on role will provide excellent experience for the right candidate.
The closing date for this role is: Friday 12th April 2019.
Shukers Ltd is part of the Rubery Owen Group, a family-owned business which was established over 130 years ago and now operates 7 group companies in a diverse range of markets.