Electronics Design Engineer - Phoenix
With a wealth of experience in every aspect of test machine design and development Phoenix leads the way in specialist test applications for a diverse range of industries, from Aerospace and Pharmaceutical, to Automotive and Nuclear research as well as leading UK Universities closely linked with these sectors.
Specialising in materials testing technology, Phoenix offers expert consultancy and a complete end to end service; from bespoke design, manufacture and installation of machines and control systems, to ongoing support and UKAS calibration, refurbishment and re-purposing of existing equipment. The specialist in-house, sub-contract, UKAS accredited materials testing lab allows us to collaborate fully with our customers, offering ongoing development of testing techniques and technologies to suit their requirements, as well as added capacity for sub-contract overflow or bespoke work
Purpose: The central purpose of the Electronics Design Engineer is to support Design activities that are carried out competently by the Design team, and align with the company’s business plan and strategic direction.
This involves providing support and assistance for Design operations, including procurement, scheduling and performance of Design services on customer sites or at Phoenix premises to the required standard and customer specification.
Designing, documenting and testing bespoke electronics systems, ensuring all technical documentation and information produced is filed and maintained correctly in accordance with company procedures and processes.
Discussing and solving technical design issues and queries with production departments, suppliers and customers
Enhancing and improving existing products and seeking new and innovative solutions
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Demonstrate a willingness to perform other tasks outside of main objectives or direct responsibilities
- Support change management activities within the organisation, adapting well to new challenges in any area of the workplace
- Produce accurate written documentation for internal and external business purposes, with relevant and precise information
- Create internal and external correspondence that are appropriate in frequency, tone and content to the recipient
- File and store written documentation correctly, in line with Company procedures
- Communicate accurate information to appropriate person or department in a timely manner
- Engage in discussions and offers suggestions and solutions to improve business processes
- Proactively approach staff to clarify information and resolve issues
- Collaborate with other departments and teams, including other ROH companies where necessary and sharing knowledge to support business activities
- Providing accurate information to relevant departments in order to work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Engage in annual performance appraisals, performance reviews and personal improvement or development plans in line with business objectives
- Undertake any reasonable requests for training, either internally or externally, in order to improve performance and capabilities
- Prepare for weekly and monthly meetings as appropriate within the agreed reporting structure and timetable, and ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments
- Organise own time (information, tools, materials, suppliers, customers etc.) to complete tasks to the required standard, schedule and budget, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with new and existing customers, providing high quality support and assistance
- Communicate in a timely and professional manner, through written or verbal communications (to include correct grammar, punctuation, language, tone and content where applicable)
- Providing accurate information to customers through the production of instruction manuals, procedures and technical documentation as required
- Providing technical support to customers and understand the nature of the enquiry, informing the appropriate department where further action is required
- Implementation and maintenance of quality systems and continuous improvement within department. Production of procedures, instruction manuals and technical documentation
- Comply with Phoenix Materials Testing Ltd policies and procedures, including health and safety, personal protective equipment,
- Adopt safe working practices within your team in line with current company procedures and to understand appropriate training in Health and Safety
- Ensuring maintenance of tools, using equipment safely and correctly, and working areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Reporting any faulty equipment or tools to the appropriate Line Manager.
- Reporting any accidents or injuries to the company first aid representative and following accident reporting procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to define and produce electrical/electronic wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of analogue and digital electronics, components and sensors
- Use of schematic capture and PCB layout software
- Knowledge of CE approval and EMC test requirements
- Design using programmable logic arrays and microcontrollers
- Understanding of transducers and sensors
- The ability to fault find
- Good practical skills
- Experience with electronic test equipment and procedures
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good level of numeracyStrong focus on Customer Service & degree of flexibility
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Numeracy & IT skills, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook packages
- Logical thinking
- Works well under pressure and part of a team
- Work effectively at all levels internally and externally
- Organising and Problem solving
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Team Working
- Initiative, Innovation & Continuous Improvement
- Planning and Organising
- Business Impact and Influence
- Customer Focus
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 514 0606 for more information.