Formulation/Material Scientist - Merlin
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Formulation/Material Scientist to join a dynamic small company in an exciting time of expansion. Merlin Powder Characterisation are looking for someone with a desire to work within a growing business with a global customer list. A crucial member of the team you will be crucial in carrying out testing and interpreting the results.
Merlin Powder Characterisation specialises in tablet compaction testing services and material science assessment for the global pharmaceutical industry. Our services can be used for testing and characterising at early stage development.
Overview of the role:
- Reporting to the Technical Director your main responsibilities are:
- Performing various scientific experiments to understand the functional properties of materials and formulations for tableting
- Operation of scientific equipment including but not exclusive to: the compaction simulator, shear cell and pychnometer
- Processing of all data in an accurate and timely manner in line with client/customer priorities
- Receipt and handling of any client/customer enquiries which come from a number of different mediums (web/phone/e-mail etc). Prioritise and keep accurate records of these; ensuring each enquiry is dealt with in line with agreed practices
- Working with the team, support defining the Laboratory assessment activities, timelines and budget and ensure the continuous development of this activity
- With support from the team, gain a comprehensive understanding of our existing customers and target markets to best assist with the planning and preparation of introductory / client review meetings
- Manage the end to end marketing activities from the development of sector marketing campaigns, coordination of marketing planning and activities, facilitating case studies, videos etc, attending approved customer events, trade shows and exhibitions. Some account management activity, which will be fully supported
Note: This list gives an overview, a full role profile is available detailing the specific responsibilities and accountabilities
Salary Package: Circa £20-22K plus benefits
- Company Pension
- Group discounts
- A good working environment with a chance to progress your career through internal and external development opportunities. Some travel to clients and with the opportunity to be present at international conferences.
Experience: Graduate in a relevant life science area e.g. Pharmaceutical Science, Material Science, Pharmacy, Chemistry or relevant previous experience
Please apply if you have:
- The above experience
- A desire to get involved in marketing (with training and support)
- Commercially focused
- Strong focus on Customer Service
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Work effectively at all levels internally and externally
- Good Interpersonal & team working skills
The RO Group are an equal opportunities employer
If you are interested in applying, please e-mail, Elaine Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a covering letter and your c.v.
The closing date for this role is Friday 8th June 2018