Technical Sales Engineer - Phoenix
To support the delivery of new and existing sales, ensuring that we meet our sales targets by attracting new clients to Phoenix.
To make a significant contribution to the growth and success of the business by concentrating on developing key existing business whilst also building sales pipelines
To support with the production and implementation of an effective sales plan for each customer to ensure new prospects and ongoing sales are targeted, working with the small team at Phoenix to ensure we remain within budgeted costs
To assist the senior team in managing the activity of all commercial functions that affect existing and potential customers
To input where required in the ongoing development of technical capability within the business, carrying out relevant training and supporting in this area where necessary
To be responsible for the delivery of a sales and gross margin target, agreed with the General Manager.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Develop a network made up of multiple contacts within each existing account to protect our relationship with that customer and to ensure that Phoenix are the default partner for any potential testing spend.
- External customer field support where appropriate to include collation of all customer experience data to enable Phoenix to measure against agreed KPI’s
- Monitor tender websites to assess if there are opportunities for Phoenix to bid.
- Manage the tender process from inception to conclusion in line with agreed practices.
- Receive incoming enquiries and leads and assess suitability for Phoenix ensuring timely communications with clients/customers.
- Manage sales process (including quoting) and communication with new and existing customers.
- Update Pipedrive with enquiries and progress.
- Work alongside UK, US and other sales agents.
- Assist in lead generation and marketing campaigns.
- Obtain a deep understanding of the features and benefits of Phoenix testing services and Phoenix designed testing machines to be able to offer the right solution to each customer.
- To maintain an agreed account management plan and record all pipeline activities for each customer so that budgeted sales, contribution targets and customer objectives are actively monitored and achieved
- To assist management with any other related tasks to ensure the efficiency & professionalism of the sales, administration, marketing and technical function, i.e. telephone orders / mail shots / enquires / use of social media.
- Proactively research and identify potential clients that have a requirement for Phoenix’s range of products and services.
- Represent Phoenix at industry shows and technical conferences.
- Identify, research and build relationships with all decision makers within the potential client’s organisation
- Working with the team, liaise/meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging our network. Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Set up meetings with your potential client decision makers and gain a comprehensive understanding of each client’s individual requirements/issues using a variety of styles to persuade & negotiate appropriately
- Work with each customer to understand specific requirements and to work closely with Operations to communicate projected client activity and operational requirements.
- Upselling of appropriate products through regular contact with existing customers to ensure maximum sales activity & relationship management
- Adopt safe working practices in line with current Company procedures and to undertake appropriate training in Health and Safety
- To adopt a professional approach at all times and with confidentiality (when necessary) in a discreet manner
- Have a personal current up to date appraisal/development plan in operation at all times so that you undertake appropriate learning and development activities for your role
- Development of relationships across sector by raising your profile within the business through various networking mediums
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven track record of achieving new business sales in competitive market/s
- Have a good technical background so you can understand customer requirements and win their confidence.
- Work effectively at all levels internally and externally
- Interpersonal & networking skills
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Influencing & negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Logical thinking
- Relationship & Influencing skills internally and externally
- Organising and Problem solving
- Strong focus on Customer Service
- Good presentation skills
- Professional and courteous telephone manner
RO Group Values:
- Be Innovative
- Be Brave
- Be Dependable
- Be Collaborative
- Be Encouraging
- Be A Family
- Be Responsible
Closing date for applications is 31st July 2019. Please email your CV to email@example.com or call 0121 514 0606 for more information.